Balancing Risks and Rewards: How AI is Reshaping Content Production and Social Selling
ReadyForSocial™ is the only all-in-one program that can power your entire sales team on social media. Contact us to get started!
Artificial intelligence (AI) has revolutionized many industries and has become an essential tool for businesses looking to increase efficiency, improve customer experience, and drive growth. With the rise of AI Tools such as ChatGPT, which has radically changed the way we think about content creation and search, and other lesser-known, yet very powerful tools such as Regie.ai, AI has been increasingly used in content production.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an extensive language model developed by OpenAI. OpenAI is an American artificial intelligence research laboratory, co-founded in 2015 by Elon Musk and Sam Altman, among others. GPT stands for “Generative Pre-trained Transformer,” a type of neural network architecture that has succeeded in natural language processing tasks.
The tool has been trained on a large corpus of text data using unsupervised pre-training. This method means that it has learned to predict the next word in a sentence based on the words that came before it. By doing this millions of times over, it has developed an understanding of the patterns and structures of language.
As a result, Chat GPT can generate new text similar in style and content to the text it was trained on. This feature makes it a powerful tool for language translation, text completion, and conversational AI tasks.
What is Regie AI?
Contrary to ChatGPT, Regie AI is a chatbot platform specifically designed for customer service and support. It uses a combination of rule-based and AI-driven approaches to focus on sales outreach and messaging. Regie AI is highly customizable, allowing businesses to tailor the chatbot’s responses and personalized content for their team members to their specific needs.
While both ChatGPT and Regie AI are conversational AI systems, they have different strengths and applications. ChatGPT is better suited for generating natural language responses to various topics. At the same time, Regie AI is designed to boost sales productivity by helping teams easily create and publish custom sales sequences and build large language models aligned with a voice that speaks in your brand voice.
Connecting social selling and AI to stand out in tomorrow’s business world.
While certainly not as ground-breaking as AI, social selling is another trend that has impacted the business world, especially at the intersection of marketing and sales. Social selling continues to grow in importance due to the increased use of social media, changing consumer behavior, the request for a personalized experience, and the importance of building trustworthy relationships between sellers and customers.
It’s imperative to connect the advantages of modern conversational AI systems and social selling to succeed in the fast-paced modern world. Are you wondering how? We break it down for you, including risks, opportunities, and our vision for the future of social selling.
Opportunities of AI in content production and social selling:
Despite some risks, AI has the potential to revolutionize content production and social selling, providing businesses with new opportunities to engage with customers and drive growth.
- Automation: AI can automate many processes and tasks, including content creation, scheduling and distribution, and even commenting on social media – freeing up time for marketers and salespeople to focus on other areas of their job.
- Personalization: AI can help businesses personalize content and tailor it to the specific needs of individual customers. By analyzing customer data, AI can recommend products or services most relevant to the customer, increasing the chances of a sale.
- Predictive analysis: AI can also help businesses analyze data to predict customer behavior, identify trends, and make informed decisions. This strategy can help companies to create content that is more likely to resonate with their target audience and drive engagement.
- Social listening: AI can monitor social media conversations and provide insights into what customers say about a brand, its products or services, and its competitors. This capability can help businesses identify areas for improvement and create more relevant content for their audience.
- Chatbots: AI-powered chatbots can provide quick and efficient customer support, improving the overall customer experience and helping businesses build stronger customer relationships.
Risks of AI in content production and social selling:
While AI can provide several opportunities, there are also risks associated with its use. Let’s take a look.
- Overreliance on automation: While automation can be a significant advantage, businesses must be careful not to rely too heavily on AI. A lack of human touch in content creation and social selling can turn off customers. Remember that social selling focuses on creating trustworthy, personal relationships.
- Data privacy concerns: As AI relies heavily on data, businesses must use customer data responsibly and within legal limits. There is a risk that customers’ personal information could be misused or stolen, damaging the business’s reputation.
- Bias and discrimination: AI systems are only as unbiased as the data they are trained on. If the data contains biases, the AI system will replicate them in its recommendations and decisions, potentially leading to discrimination against certain groups.
- Quality concerns: While AI can automate many processes, the quality of its content may not always meet the same standards as human-generated content. Poor-quality content can damage the reputation of a brand and harm customer relationships.
- Lack of control: When relying on AI, businesses must relinquish some control over content creation and social selling to the AI system. This method can be risky if the system makes mistakes or provides inaccurate recommendations.
Our vision for AI in social selling
Balancing the opportunities and risks of AI is essential to use both to their full potential. We have a clear vision for ReadyForSocial, our social selling platform for enterprise sales teams, and how it can make the life of our users even easier to look great on social and uplevel der social selling game.
After testing different AI settings for nearly a year, we have a headstart in offering our clients a unique connection between humanly generated content and AI-supported personification that will take the guesswork out of producing and sharing well-written and compelling social media posts.
The social media content of the future
We know first-hand that AI can help individuals who produce content tremendously — digesting large amounts of text and providing a vector for tackling specific topics. That’s exciting as it saves time AND increases the quality of the output.
Our current innovation brings a similar experience to our customers, particularly salespeople and marketing experts. We will enable the ReadyForSocial users to create and customize the copy of their social media posts in an AI-supported way, helping them to sound unique.
Are you ready for the social media content of the future? Let us know your thoughts on AI and how it will influence the social selling of tomorrow.